ODBC + MySQL

Ingela Anderton ingela@REDACTED
Fri Nov 26 17:37:26 CET 2004

Enrique Marcote Peña wrote:
> get the following error:
>
> odbc:connect("DSN=MySQL;UID=uid;PWD=pwd", []).
> {error,connection_closed}
> =ERROR REPORT==== 25-Nov-2004::12:40:57 ===
> ** Generic server <0.40.0> terminating
> ** Last message in was {#Port<0.114>,{exit_status,23}}
> ** When Server state == {state,#Port<0.114>,
>                                {<0.30.0>,#Ref<0.0.0.95>},
>                                <0.30.0>,
>                                undefined,
>                                on,
>                                undefined,
>                                undefined,
>                                on,
>                                connecting,
>                                undefined,
>                                0,
>                                [#Port<0.112>,#Port<0.113>],
>                                #Port<0.115>,
>                                #Port<0.116>}
> ** Reason for termination ==
> ** {port_exit,collecting_of_driver_information_faild}
>

> I'm using the same setup (DSN, UID and PWD) with the isql utility and works
> fine.
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
As I pointed out before on this mailing list and as stated in the
documentation:

The Erlang ODBC application is designed using the version 3.0 of the
ODBC-standard, however using the option {scrollable_cursors, off} for
a connection has been known to make it work for at least some 2.X
drivers.

Using a 2.X odbc driver without disabling scrollable cursors typically
results in the crash above.

--
/Ingela

Ericsson AB - OTP team