Core Erlang specification 1.0.3

Richard Carlsson richardc@REDACTED
Fri Nov 26 15:27:49 CET 2004

I'd like to inform those interested that a new revision of
the Core Erlang specification is available at

    http://www.it.uu.se/research/group/hipe/cerl/

(Changes include specifiation of how binary-syntax is handled,
and how the try/catch-construct works on the core language level.)

If you don't feel like reading the whole thing, there are a couple of
quick-references in the appendices.

>From OTP/Erlang R10 and onwards, to compile a .erl source file to Core
Erlang, pass the flag to_core to the compiler. A .core file will be
generated instead of a .beam file. For example:

    1> c(my_module, to_core).

To compile a Core Erlang module my_module.core to a .beam file, pass the
flag from_core to the compiler. For example:

    1> c(my_module, from_core).

Enjoy,

	/Richard

Richard Carlsson (richardc@REDACTED)   (This space intentionally left blank.)
E-mail: Richard.Carlsson@REDACTED	WWW: http://user.it.uu.se/~richardc/
 "Having users is like optimization: the wise course is to delay it."
   -- Paul Graham