Abstract modules - take 'em for a spin!

Corrado Santoro <>
Tue Nov 9 19:11:41 CET 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-09 at 16:36, Richard Carlsson wrote:
> It has not been announced offically, but abstract (i.e.,
> parameterized) modules were in fact included in R10.
> Go ahead and try them out!
Wow! A feature that someone (like) me expected to appear!

But I think that something is still missing. I only took a brief look at
the paper, but it seems that inheritance is not yet supported. Do you
think that it could an interesting feature for Erlang?

Eng. Corrado Santoro, Ph.D.

University of Catania - Engineering Faculty
Department of Computer Science and
Telecommunications Engineering
Viale A. Doria, 6 - 95125 CATANIA (ITALY)

Tel: +39 095 7382380           Fax: +39 095 7382397
     +39 095 7382365
     +39 095 7382364

Personal Home Page:

NUXI Home Page: