what about? Zope and Erlang

Enrique Marcote Peña mpquique@REDACTED
Fri Nov 5 02:30:04 CET 2004

On Thursday 04 November 2004 22:58, Mickael Remond wrote:
> Enrique Marcote Peña wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I read about the proposal Mickaël Rémond made to the list, about a Zope
> > like application server in Erlang.  Has any work been done in that
> > direction? Is it available anywhere?
>
> This is still an idea, but no real progress, yet.
> This is still a good idea, but I am convinced now that this can be
> implemented the Erlang way by using processus. Instead of making object
> available throught various protocol such as HTTP/HTML, we are currently
> investigating the idea of adding an interface layer to process from
> various protocol, including HTTP/HTML. I think this could be simpler and
> cleaner.
>
> Are you interested by such a tool ? Do you have any particular ideas /
> requirements ?

Hi Mickaël,

We may be facing a large project by the next year, related to content
management, so I started day dreaming with the possibility of using Erlang
there.

I believe that what we need is a Zope + Plone like solution.  We are currently
using typo3 for ourselves, mainly because we find it very easy for the end
users, and that's very important for us. But we feel typo3 might not be
appropriate for a large scale project with lots of extra requirements
(developments), like the one I mentioned.

It'll be great to have an erlang solution for this kind of applications.  We
are certainly very interested on it, so please, let us know any progress,
either on the design or the implementation stage, in order to move on the
same direction (If we ever start working on this, I'll let you know).

Best,
--
Quique
http://www.des.udc.es/~mpquique/