Dumb question about the test_server

BETIS Alexandre A.BETIS@REDACTED
Thu Nov 4 11:15:31 CET 2004

Hello to all,

I have a very dumb question. I am using the test_server app
to validate my software. I am having a ball :). Yet, I encounter
the following problem. A newcomer is about to join me. We will be
developping on a unique UNIX server. What happens is
that when I run the test_server twice, the second test_server
launched just crashes. Obviously, this is due to some name
registration clash done at init time by the test server.

This typically happens when two different users logged onto
the development server launch the test server at the same
moment from the UNIX shell.

Before I start diggin' into the test_server code, I would
like to know if anyone could suggest a way to handle this?

I tried to -name the process, but that doesn't seem to help.

Thanks,

-- Alex

" Ce message et ses pièces jointes sont confidentiels et exclusivement réservés à leurs destinataires qui s'assureront de l'absence de virus. CSEE Transport n'assume aucune responsabilité au titre de ce message s'il est altéré, déformé, falsifié, indûment utilisé par des tiers ou encore s'il a causé des dommages ou pertes de toute nature.

This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and exclusively intended for its addressees who will conduct appropriate virus checks. CSEE Transport shall not be liable for the message if altered, changed, falsified, unduly used by third parties nor for any damage or loss."