ErlCee++

Shawn Pearce spearce@REDACTED
Mon May 31 22:58:42 CEST 2004

Mikael Karlsson <mikael.karlsson@REDACTED> wrote:
> If the pre-condition were not Linux I would say this looks
> very much like the OSE real-time operating system.

Yes, Linux is quite a precondition here.  Its necessary because
some of the hardware put into this box already has Linux drivers,
making it less work to develop and maintain.  Especially when the
hardware vendor writes the drives for Linux and getting support
for an RTOS like OSE just won't happen.  I think this client is
lucky they even get drivers at all (for any OS) from this particular
hardware vendor...

I've never even heard of OSE, I'll have to go look it up.

--
Shawn.