Erlang distribution

Vlad Dumitrescu vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED
Fri May 21 10:15:22 CEST 2004

From: "Valentin" <valentin@REDACTED>
> > I have a couple of related questions, I just hope they'r not the kind
that
> > would be answered with a "RTFM!" :-)
> Actually, RTFM   ;-]
> > * What differentiates a full node from a hidden node?
> Hidden node is visible only at the connected peer (i.e. if you run BIF
> nodes(), you're not going to be able to see it, but if you run
undocumented
> net_kernel:nodes_info(), you will). This implies that you will not be able
> to connect to other nodes that are known to the connected node implicitly,
> even if you have a same cookie. As TFM says, similar to C-Node.

Yes, of course. I apologize for being unclear. I meant - what in the
internal workings of the node makes it hidden or not? What preventa a C node
from looking like a normal one? I suppose it's all in the protocol, but am
not sure.

> I am not using erlang:set_cookie/2 but auth:set_cookie( Node, Cookie),
> however, I suspect that the effect is the same.

Ah, okay now I get it. I thought it would change the cookie for a node one
is already connected to.

Thanks!
Vlad