Erlang distribution

Inswitch Solutions - Erlang Evaluation erlang@REDACTED
Wed May 19 14:03:37 CEST 2004

I have used "pg2" module, I think it has the same concepts as "group"
module.

In my case I have node1 (source) and node2,node3... nodeN (destinations).
- node2,  node3 and nodeN with FSM apps.. Each app. when started executes
pg2:create(myGroup) and pg2:join(myGroup, self()).
- node1 knows about the available destinations by pg2:get_members(myGroup).

Advantages:
- I can add/remove destinations dinamically (load balancing)
- I don't need configuration info for destinations nodes in source nodes and
viceversa (no dependence)
- Monitorying for available destinations is already implemented. Mainly for
destinations nodes in different machines.
- Easy to use

Disadvantages:
- Don't know yet.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong.