Announce EX11 release 2.5

Richard A. O'Keefe <>
Thu May 13 04:57:24 CEST 2004

Tomas Pihl (AL/EAB) wrote:
	>Point your Makefile to /opt/pub/{include|lib}.

Bengt Kleberg <> replied:
	while i am unsure about the general applicability to solaris,
	i thank you for this advice.
He is right to be cautious.  I have Solaris 2.9 on my UltraSPARC.

I do, however, have
I think that /usr/local/lib/libjeg.a is the JPEG library.
However, jpeglib.h isn't the /usr/local.
is where the header went, and it goes with

But that's Solaris 2.9.  What about Solaris 2.8 (SunOS 5.8)?
Well, there isn't any /opt/pub/ there either.
On my 2.8 machine, there are a couple of libjpeg* files floating
around, but they are part of Java.

Bottom line:  don't rely on finding a usable copy of the JPEG library
in Solaris at all, and don't rely on anyone else who _does_ have it
finding it where you find it.