Publicity needed

Mickaël Rémond mickael.remond@REDACTED
Wed May 12 15:13:07 CEST 2004

On Wed, 12 May 2004 12:44:39 +0200 (CEST), Joe Armstrong <joe@REDACTED>
wrote:

>   What I think we're lacking now is good flashy documentation.

At Erlang-Projects, we have been doing some marketing-oriented
documentation.
Those documents are in French, and should be translated into other
languages. We need help for that.

You can have a look at the material here:

   http://www.erlang-projects.org/Public/about_us/dossier_de_presentat/view

We have tested this material during Linux Solutions 2004 in January and
this is working very well for communication toward people that never heard
of Erlang.

This is flashy but will not replace technical documentation. Regarding
those aspects, generalisation of edoc use will help.

>   "yup, not only Yaws - Tobbe  has node a great samba release, it's in
> jugerl, it beats the socks off anything else"

I agree. we could extend our "promotionnal materials" with esmb too. I can
do it in French as I did for Linux Solutions, but I need to play with a
before ...

On another side, I am working since months on a platform for
Erlang-projects to publish coordinate and documents projects. This is
something like Sourceforge but does not require CVS hosting of the project
to be done on the web site. It can be done on Sourceforge or Savannah or
whatever.
The project is called Metafrog and I will set up the alpha website in less
than one month now. It could be publish but still contains some annoying
bug that I want to squeeze before larger use.
This will be the platform use by our association Erlang-projects and would
help with Erlang promotion. The site is based on Yaws and this will be
another good example of real life site using this technology.

I think this is going in the right direction. If you want to help, please
do not hesitate to join us.

--
Mickaël Rémond
  http://www.erlang-projects.org/