ex11 + ssh X11 forwarding

Peter-Henry Mander erlang@REDACTED
Fri May 7 17:07:38 CEST 2004

Hi Hal,

I'm curious, I don't have this ssh problem, ex11 X11 forwarding works
fine over ssh. I think I'm using the current release,

i.e. http://www.sics.se/~joe/ex11/download/release-2.tgz

I get:

[1007] echo $DISPLAY
localhost:11.0

on a ssh xterm launched with

ssh -f remote_host xterm

which leads me to believe you may be unnecessarily specifying a DISPLAY,
it should look as if the display is local.

If I run the ex11 demo, it pops up with no problem.

Pete.

--
"The Tao of Programming
 flows far away