problem running erlang program in background

Bengt Kleberg <>
Thu May 6 08:44:23 CEST 2004

Geib, Mark wrote:

>I am having trouble on Linux running an erlang program in background.
>I have been using the command..
>"nohup erl -s module start -noshell &"

there is no reason why my following suggestions should help (ie i have
read the manual and your command line should work as it is). then, on
the other hand, i have several programs written for The Great Win32
Computer Language Shootout
( tha run fine on my machine (solaris) but
refuse to work under windows. so there might be some magic going on,
hence these suggestions :-)

try the flag -noinput

put the flag -s (and its arguments) last on the command line