Building on SuSE 9.0

Kostis Sagonas kostis@REDACTED
Tue May 4 20:21:54 CEST 2004

 > I have run ./configure and at the end it says
 > creating i686-pc-linux-gnu/config.h
 > Or is it someother config.h that is missing?

This is the config.h.  If you believe the message you get your gcc
cannot find this file.  This is because the first line should read:

  gcc  -g -O3 -I/usr/local/src/otp_src_R9C-0/erts/i686-pc-linux-gnu  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -Wall

rather than:

  gcc  -g -O3 -I/usr/local/src/otp_src_R9C-0/erts/  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -Wall

so something is skrewed up during configure.

Also, check that the config.h file does indeed exist (I'm showing the
beginning of mine below) and that it has the right permissions.

Kostis.

/* i686-pc-linux-gnu/config.h.  Generated automatically by configure.  */
/* config.h.in.  Generated from configure.in by autoheader.  */

/*
 *  Erlang emulator options.
 */

/* Define if you don't want the fix allocator in Erlang */
/* #undef NO_FIX_ALLOC */

/* Define if floating points exceptions are non-existing/not reliable */
/* #undef NO_FPE_SIGNALS */

/* Defined if no found C compiler can handle jump tables */
/* #undef NO_JUMP_TABLE */

/* Define if you wish to redefine FD_SETSIZE to be able to select on more fd */
/* #undef REDEFINE_FD_SETSIZE */

/* Define if you do not have a high-res. timer & want to use times() instead */
#define CORRECT_USING_TIMES 1

/*
 * HiPE enable or not.
 */