gen leader

Martin J. Logan mlogan@REDACTED
Tue May 4 18:31:54 CEST 2004

This message is directed at the authors of gen_leader. I have been
playing with the gen_leader code of jungerl fame. This code is just what
is needed obviate all of our "global" problems. I do have one question
about the gen_leader code. If I start a gen_leader in a node cluster
consisting of a single node() the single gen_leader process will not
elect itself leader. I have to fake it by saying
gen_leader:start_link(leader, [node(), fake_node], [],
gen_leader_callback, Args, Options).

What is the reason that gen_leader wants another gen_leader to dominate
and is not content to be his own boss:-)

Cheers,
Martin

P.S how does jungerl become erlpan i.e more people know, love, and use
it?