SASL Question

Rudolph van Graan rvg@REDACTED
Thu Jun 24 17:45:32 CEST 2004

Hi All,

Quick question... I've configured SASL like this:

  {sasl,[
     {sasl_error_logger,{file,"/var/log/erl/error.log"}}

And like this

  {sasl,[
     {sasl_error_logger,{file,"/var/log/erl/error.log"}},
     {errlog_type,error}

In both cases I get SASL to log me progress reports and supervisor
reports into the specified file. Things like this:

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 24-Jun-2004::15:38:14 ===
          application: app
           started_at: app@REDACTED

The problem is this: I don't see any error reports or anything again
after startup, ever. It seems that SASL just stops recording error
reports and ignores the error reports. I am sure that a lot of error
reports occur, but for the life of me I cannot seem to convince SASL to
log them for me. Is there anything obvious I miss?

While I'm at it... SASL also seems to delete the log file everytime the
erl VM is restarted. Why is this and how do I convince it not to do
this and to simply append to the current one?

Regards,

Rudolph van Graan