massive tcp servers

Dustin Sallings dustin@REDACTED
Thu Jun 24 08:26:29 CEST 2004

	Does anyone have any experience with massively large tcp servers?  I'm
doing something like a chat server where there will be many, many
connections simultaneously along with some mechanism for addressing
those connections.  Does anyone have any idea what might be required to
have something on the order of 10,000,000 concurrent connections in a
cluster.  Obviously I want as small of a cluster as possible for
hardware costs.  I also get the impression that large clusters may not
be that easy to scale.

--
SPY                      My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <dustin@REDACTED>