string:join ?

David N. Welton davidw@REDACTED
Fri Jun 11 10:20:43 CEST 2004

Per Hedeland wrote:
> "Robert Virding" <robert.virding@REDACTED> wrote:
>
>>What is string:join supposed to do? If it just a simple concatenation of two
>>strings then S1 ++ S2 well defined and efficient.

> 'man perlfunc' (ducking:-)

Joking aside, I've used scripting languages a lot in the past, and they
all have some form of string join that, yes, more or less behaves like
the one Perl provides:

I have: ["Foo", "Bar", "Baz"]

I want: "Foo Bar Baz"

(I might also want to join them with something besides a blank space).

> Or at least that's what I assume...

Yes, it has been duly pointed out several times to me in private that I
neglected to state clearly what I wanted:-)

 > (And I agree that it's "missing".:-)

It's a handy feature to have when working with strings.

Thanks,
--
David N. Welton
davidw@REDACTED