ErlCee++

Scott Lystig Fritchie fritchie@REDACTED
Tue Jun 1 05:10:40 CEST 2004

>>>>> "sp" == Shawn Pearce <spearce@REDACTED> writes:

sp> - "lightweight" processes.  Some of the concurrent activity could
sp> actually be modeled through simple callbacks to user code, much
sp> how gen_server behaves in Erlang.  Multiple services could share
sp> the same heavyweight POSIX thread or UNIX process.

I don't know if this would actually help, but I'm working with folks
who have written a *lot* of software in C++ with the State Threads
library over at SourceForge.  It works as advertised, is as about as
"light" as advertised, and is industrial strength.  Even if it's
running on Linux.

Good luck with the selective receive.  In idle flights of fancy, I've
wondered about gluing selective receive into Python.  Good luck, and
keep up posted with an forthcoming breakthroughs.

-Scott