Did SERC at RMIT go away?

Eli Liang eliliang@REDACTED
Tue Jul 27 07:03:53 CEST 2004

Thanks for this link.  I was able to download and print out the book.  www.serc.rmit.edu.au is still down for me though, although it matters less to me now though.

I have three unrelated questions:

1) The usual timer built into Erlang is on a millisecond granularity (... after XXX ...).  What would I use if I needed a microsecond granularity timer?  Is there such a thing in Erlang?

2) In the Programming Rules and Convention guide, it discusses the use of hardware device drivers with Erlang-like interfaces.  Are there any open source examples of such hardware drivers around that I can look at?

3) Is there any specification methods being used in Erlang to develop large systems?  UML doesn't seem appropriate for Erlang.  I've found Huch's "Erlang Specification Method" and Castro's "Event Modeling Language", but I don't seem to find much about either.  (In fact, I can't seem to even unpack the former as it seems to be corrupted.  Anyone have a plain postscript file of this?)

Mickaël_Rémond <mickael.remond@REDACTED> wrote:
On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 08:39:10 -0700 (PDT), Eli Liang
wrote:

> I'm seeking the various Erlang papers and the online copy of "Erlang for
> Realtime" by M. Castro, and I haven't been able to bring up the
> www.serc.rmit.edu.au site in the last weeks. Did this site go away? Is
> there a replacement?

Hello,

I have put a mirror of the document on Erlang-projects:
http://www.erlang-projects.org/Public/documentation/books/erlang_in_real_time6935/view

Please, Maurice, let me know if I am causing a problem with the mirror. If
you are ok with mirroring your book, please let me know and I can setup
something more permanent.

I hope this helps.

--
Mickaël Rémond