Documentation of filelib:ensure_dir in R9C

Björn Bylander <>
Sat Jul 3 14:20:13 CEST 2004

Hi, says ensure_dir/1 always returns true. That's not what I observe with R9C (emulator v5.3) under Linux though:

filelib:ensure_dir("foo") returns true without creating a any directories.
filelib:ensure_dir("foo/bar/baz") returns ok and also creates foo and foo/bar.
filelib:ensure_dir("foo/") returns ok and also creates foo.

I guess filelib:ensure_dir("foo") ensures that "./" exists but the other variants returning ok is not according to the docs as far as I can see...

I get the same behaviour under Windows 2000 and R9C-0.