snmp_mgr not working?

Rocio Lopez rolonyg1@REDACTED
Thu Jan 29 16:54:01 CET 2004

Hi
I am trying to use snmp, I have configured the agent with
snmp:configure().
and selected the defaults for everything but the filepaths.

The agent seems to work, using

45> snmp:get(snmp_master_agent,[[1,3,6,1,2,1,1,4,0]]).
["{mbj,eklas}@erlang.ericsson.se"]

However, when I try to use snmp_mgr nothing happens

1> snmp_mgr:start([{agent,{127,0,0,1}}]).
{ok,<0.31.0>}
2> snmp_mgr:g([[1,3,6,1,2,1,1,4,0]]).
ok

and nothing more.

I have done
38> snmp:verbosity(snmp_master_agent,debug).
ok
on the node that the agent runs on, and there are no signs that
it has received anything.

I am using R9C on SuSE 8.2

Greateful for any hints on what I may do wrong.

/Anders Nygren