snmp_mgr not working?

Rocio Lopez <>
Thu Jan 29 16:54:01 CET 2004

I am trying to use snmp, I have configured the agent with
and selected the defaults for everything but the filepaths.

The agent seems to work, using

45> snmp:get(snmp_master_agent,[[1,3,6,1,2,1,1,4,0]]).

However, when I try to use snmp_mgr nothing happens

1> snmp_mgr:start([{agent,{127,0,0,1}}]).
2> snmp_mgr:g([[1,3,6,1,2,1,1,4,0]]).

and nothing more.

I have done
38> snmp:verbosity(snmp_master_agent,debug).
on the node that the agent runs on, and there are no signs that
it has received anything.

I am using R9C on SuSE 8.2

Greateful for any hints on what I may do wrong.

/Anders Nygren