Wanted: Concurrent benchmarks

Richard Carlsson richardc@REDACTED
Wed Jan 28 19:22:03 CET 2004

Here's a request: I am desperately looking for
Erlang benchmarks that make heavy use of processes
and message passing. However, they must be portable
enough that I can actually get them running on
our machines, and I need to be able to compile
them from the sources.

We currently have an implementation of 'life' that
uses processes for cells, and a couple of synthetic
'ring'-like benchmarks. This is not much to go on.

It would be really helpful if we could get our hands
on some more real-world examples (but we would also
be happy to get some more toy benchmarks, just as
long as they do a lot of message passing).

Thank you,

	Richard Carlsson/the HiPE group

Richard Carlsson (richardc@REDACTED)   (This space intentionally left blank.)
E-mail: Richard.Carlsson@REDACTED	WWW: http://user.it.uu.se/~richardc/
 "Having users is like optimization: the wise course is to delay it."
   -- Paul Graham