SMPP v5.0 erlang implementation

Enrique Marcote Peña mpquique@REDACTED
Tue Jan 27 00:37:06 CET 2004

Hello,

Last summer I got to finish an erlang implementation of the SMPP (Short
Message Peer to Peer) protocol, version 5.0.  Unfortunately, since then,
still didn't have the chance to discuss this project with anybody, neither
SMPP aspects, nor erlang related issues (and if I don't send this message, I
feel I'll never do).

The implementation seems to work fine, I've successfully test it against a
SMPP open source simulator provided by Logica.

This was my very first project in erlang (besides some exercises on an erlang
course).  I didn't have any prior experience on the SMS-telecoms world
either.

Pretty fun so far,  I'm really happy having chosen OTP as the development
platform.  I've really enjoy it, but I'm also eager to learn a bit more from
this experience, and at this point I feel I can't get any further on my own.

Maybe someone on the list wants to take a look.  Even those not interested on
SMPP at all, may want to review some design or coding aspects, and show up
common newbie mistakes.

So here it is, for your consideration:

http://www.des.udc.es/~mpquique/oserl/index.html            (edoc)
http://www.des.udc.es/~mpquique/pkg/oserl-0.1.tar.gz        (sources)
http://www.des.udc.es/~mpquique/pkg/common_lib-0.1.tar.gz   (sources)

Any comments, suggestions or corrections will be greatly appreciated.  Even if
you don't like it at all, I want to know.  Thank you very much.

Best regards,

---
Quique
http://www.des.udc.es/~mpquique/