ANNOUNCE ex11 release two

Luke Gorrie luke@REDACTED
Thu Jan 22 16:16:10 CET 2004

"Vlad Dumitrescu" <vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED> writes:

> One problem though: it doesn't work for me :-)
>
> It tries to initialize the X server, and seemingly hangs after displaying the

As far as I can see all "bullet proof" xlibs use unix-domain
sockets. TCP-based ones never work on my computers.

So here is a small ex11 patch that adds support for using unix-domain
sockets. This makes it work on my Debian box at least. This uses unix
sockets only if a) the 'unixdom2' module is loadable and b) the
DISPLAY is of the form ":0.0" (i.e. has number but no host).

It requires Scott Fritchie's unixdom-0.1 from erlang.org
contributions. To make that compile you need to add
$ERL/usr/include/obsolete/ to CFLAGS to find driver.h (patch for that
attached too.)