Stripped down Erlang?

Joe Armstrong joe@REDACTED
Thu Jan 22 14:22:00 CET 2004

Question:

   Has anybody make a "stripped down Erlang recently"

   I want to distribute a complete minimal Erlang run-time to a large
number of sites, so I want to minimise the number of files and the
total size.

  My old SAE  seems broken, and has never managed to  make it into the
main release - so I thought as an alternative I'd write some scripts
which:

    1) Remove all unecessary files from the standard distribution
    2) Pack the result into a single distribution file
    3) Make an unpacker/relocator to install the result of 2

  What I want to distribute is a mimimal system - has anybody done anything
like this for the latest release - or do I have to start from scratch?
(again)

   /Joe