ANNOUNCE - graphics package

Peter-Henry Mander erlang@REDACTED
Tue Jan 20 13:08:25 CET 2004

Sounds like two distinct problems, please explain why they're the same (if they are).

I think Joe's problem is to maintain consistency between what is visible on screen, and what the Erlang data structures contain, i.e. the user kills a window (maybe forcefully) but ex11 isn't aware the window has gone. The windows don't unexpectedly vanish (I hope!)

Am I correct Joe? I would expect some form of event or notification in this context. My knowledge of X11 is not all that good, so I'm probably babbling.

The erlang-gtk thing sounds like a garbage collection issue, i.e. how to keep window handles within the reachable memory set. If the window reference is no longer reachable, it get garbage collected and probably destroyed.

Pete.

--
"The Tao of Programming
 flows far away