ANNOUNCE - graphics package

Joe Armstrong joe@REDACTED
Tue Jan 20 12:08:25 CET 2004

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Luke Gorrie wrote:

> erlang@REDACTED writes:
>
> > http://inferno.bell-labs.com/sys/doc/acme/acme.pdf
>
> That paper says it all. Brilliant!

Yes I agree -- IMHO it would be relatively easy to build
a smalltalk/acme ... style front end to Erlang.

Once ex11 is complete stable (a few weeks away) then these things become
rather easy to build.

I'm not really sure how to proceed here.

Sources of inspiration are:

	- smalltalk
	- acme
	- oberon
	- humane interface (with a zoomable interface)

I'm intersted in Raskin's ideas on zoomable interfaces -
in his system files are never closed, they are always open, but a long way away
so they appear very small.

Another idea would be to build an "active power point" on the surface it
might look like powerpoint but it would really be a complete Erlang front
end.

I think we'll need quite a few volunteers :-)

(oh and then we could build our own window manager .....)

/Joe