Erlang distribution through firewalls

klacke@REDACTED klacke@REDACTED
Thu Jan 15 22:03:38 CET 2004

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 09:54:04PM -0500, Shawn Pearce wrote:
> Is this a trick question?
>
> So the way to do it would be to use UBF and connect up TCP sockets and
> pass just UBF data between processes, where each endpoint process
> filters the messages to make sure only valid things happen.

I wholeheartedly agree here, maybe not UBF, but certainly
an application specific protocol as opposed to full distribution.

The authentication of the connecting parties must still be
done though. I've just written this. Authenticating 2 parties
using a shared secret. The algorithm is semi ms-chap v2 but
with md5 instead of md4 and all the ms versioning cruft removed.

The code is at:

http://www.hyber.org/~klacke/echap.erl

/klacke

--
Claes Wikstrom                        -- Caps lock is nowhere and
http://www.hyber.org                  -- everything is under control