Elang discussions? - a call for a new format

Gerd Flaig gerd@REDACTED
Thu Jan 15 17:45:42 CET 2004

Joachim Durchholz <joachim.durchholz@REDACTED> writes:

> * No implementation whatsoever uses it for multi-way choices. Some claim
> that Bayesian filtering is not so useful for multi-way choices anyway,
> for reasons that I didn't find entirely convincing but I didn't follow
> the arguments closely enough to say anything certain about the issue.

maybe, you'd like to take a look at ifile[1].

>> I have not tried yet, but I understand they work by learning
>> gradually from the way you sort your own email into different
>> folders. This works for spam as well as for different interest
>> categories or levels.
>
> Many people believe this, but I have yet to see this implemented.
> And it seems that the knowledgeable people don't think it will work
> well, so this is getting delayed until somebody does the work and
> really implements it (and, after that, we'll see whether the
> pessimists or the optimists were right).

My current filter configuration uses ifile to generate recommendations
where Gnus should put a message. So far, it works quite well.

    Goodbyte, Gerd.

 [1] http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/ifile/

--
Gerd Flaig                     Technik                gerd@REDACTED
Bei Schlund + Partner AG       Brauerstraße 48      D-76135 Karlsruhe