Elang discussions? - a call for a new format

Jenny Dybedahl jenny@REDACTED
Wed Jan 14 17:42:41 CET 2004

Mickael Remond <mickael.remond@REDACTED> writes:

> This could be an idea. Another solution that I thought about was mixing
> forum things with an NNTP back-end. Old school users can use a news
> reader to follow Erlang discussion. They could be publish in a forum
> like interface on the web, where authenticated user could contribute.
> I am think about writing that with Yaws (Web client for NNTP).

There's an RPG forum called Pyramid which works like that. Using plain
old INN as an NNTP backend makes it easy to restrict posting to
subscribed/authenticated users. I'd strongly suggest that any move to
a web-based forum should still make it possible to access the posts
via some other protocol, either via NNTP or by allowing posting and
subscribing via e-mail as well as via web.

--
"I live in the heart of the machine. We are one."