Elang discussions? - a call for a new format

Gerd Flaig gerd@REDACTED
Wed Jan 14 16:59:54 CET 2004

Joachim Durchholz <joachim.durchholz@REDACTED> writes:

> Joe Armstrong wrote:
>> I'd like to see the following:
>>    1) Web based discussion lists
>>       something like yahoo groups ...
>>    2) Multi-threaded discussions
>
> (2) is simple: install a local news server. No news inbound or
> outbound newsfeeds (that would only complicate things, people can
> subscribe directly to the news server).
> inn or cnews seem to fit the bill.
>
> Not sure about a web reader for newsgroups - googling didn't give me
> any useful results (yet).
> I'll be looking for such a software myself, so if anybody is
> interested I'm willing to share my findings.

what's wrong with a mailman-based mailing list and Gmane for archives
and NNTP access?

The first part could be provided by SourceForge
(e.g. sf.net/projects/erlang-projects), the second part involves
filling out a form[1] or sending mail to request@REDACTED

     Goodbyte, Gerd.

 [1] http://gmane.org/subscribe.php
--
Gerd Flaig                     Technik                gerd@REDACTED
Bei Schlund + Partner AG       Brauerstraße 48      D-76135 Karlsruhe