Request for next net_kernel release: new switch "net_setuptime_millis"

Patrik Nyblom pan@REDACTED
Mon Jan 12 11:15:19 CET 2004

Hi again,

Here's a patch to make it possible to reduce the setuptime by using
fractions of seconds (like 'erl -sname x -kernel net_setuptime 0.25').

Please observe, the result might be that, on a slow network, perfectly
reachable nodes give connection failures if this parameter is set to low.

It all depends on your network, so use with care :-)

*** net_kernel.erl.orig Mon Jan 12 09:56:49 2004
--- net_kernel.erl      Mon Jan 12 11:02:47 2004
***************
*** 1336,1343 ****

  connecttime() ->
      case application:get_env(kernel, net_setuptime) of
!       {ok, Time} when integer(Time), Time > 0, Time < 120 ->
            Time * 1000;
        _ ->
            ?SETUPTIME
      end.
--- 1336,1345 ----

  connecttime() ->
      case application:get_env(kernel, net_setuptime) of
!       {ok, Time} when is_integer(Time), Time > 0, Time < 120 ->
            Time * 1000;
+       {ok, Time} when is_float(Time), Time > 0, Time < 120 ->
+           round(Time * 1000);
        _ ->
            ?SETUPTIME
      end.