Request for next net_kernel release: new switch "net_setuptime_millis"

Bruce Fitzsimons Bruce@REDACTED
Fri Jan 9 22:00:20 CET 2004

Sean Hinde wrote:

> On 9 Jan 2004, at 15:03, Patrik Nyblom wrote:
>
>> TCP/IP is unfortunately not a protocol made for realtime
>> applications... That's what all this long timeout hazzle comes from.
>> A better network protocol would make things much funnier for Erlang,
>> no ticking, no timeouting etc... A reliable protocol that monitors
>> the links... a protocol designed not for web browsing but for
>> telecom... Sigh...  Timeouts shorter than 1 s could be useful though.
>> I agree. I'll add the possibility to define fractions of seconds to
>> the configuration.
>

> sctp is supported natively in the 2.6.x Linux kernels. Yay!

Its also rumoured to be in Solaris 10, although I haven't yet downloaded
or installed the beta to check. Double yay. Hopefully with the new
(err...old) poll/select type interface.

/Bruce