Mnesia adding 1,000,000 records, core dump

Vlad Dumitrescu vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED
Mon Dec 20 10:04:07 CET 2004

From: "Casper" <casper2000a@REDACTED>
> According to that the system has gone space out of atom table entries. How
> can I increase the atom_tab (max=1048576) value?

Hi,

You can't (with reservation for recent changes). But even if you could, you
should not use atoms like this anyway. Since atoms aren't garbage collected,
they are a precious resource.

I suppose you use list_to_atom to build atoms. Instead of for example
list_to_atom("root"+Number), consider using {root, Number} as a value. It works
just as fine as Mnesia index.

regards,
Vlad