ex11, esdl

Vlad Dumitrescu vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED
Mon Aug 30 11:22:54 CEST 2004

From: "Dan Gudmundsson" <dgud@REDACTED>
>  > Could Dan or anyone comment? Can this new backend be made available?
>
> Sure, it will be available when it's done, but we have just started,
> (or rather Karl have started I'm just writing emails) basicly we
> will trash SDL and only use opengl for gfx, with our own homebrewn
> eventmodel.

I think this is interesting, and I'd like to try to contribute if you need help.

May I ask why isn't SDL good enough? Is it only that the new library is going to
be more Erlang-oriented, or are there any other reasons?

> But ttf support would be nice.. :-)

Yes, it would, and from what I gathered it isn't difficult to do with SDL_ttf. I
had some problems getting anything to work on Windows, but on Linux it seems
straightforward. I'll tinker with it some more and let you know.

regards,
/Vlad