ex11, esdl

Vlad Dumitrescu <>
Fri Aug 27 16:06:03 CEST 2004

From: "Eric Merritt" <>
>  Actually, with imput from Dan and Karl I am making use of a gl
> specific backend that they are working on for wings. It  doesn't yet
> have  multiple windows, but thats a future item they want. Better yet
> it should be more stable and robust then the SDL engine.

Hmm, that sounds interesting! And it's platform independent too?

After answering your previous mail, I started to look at adding SDL_ttf
support to esdl, which doesn't seem too difficult, thanks to the nice design
that Dan made. Now I don't know if it's going to be worth it, is something
else is coming reasonably soon.

Could Dan or anyone comment? Can this new backend be made available?