Erlang hints for an OO junkie

Johan Warlander johan@REDACTED
Wed Aug 11 11:28:09 CEST 2004

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 10:41:45 +0200, Bjoern Knafla wrote
> This sounds like an interesting concept - reminds me a bit of the
> current crop of graphic APIs where you send packages of code that
> can  be aggregated on the graphic processor and then streams of data
> to be  modified by the code to produce the graphics. All of this
> gets me  itching to learn more Erlang and to do the same you do
> (writing a game)  :-)
>
> It might also be interesting to take a look at the "Rei" code (a
> game  server project (  http://www.erlang-
> projects.org/Public/projects/games/ game_development_usi/view code:
> http://metafrog.erlang-projects.org/projects/project.yaws?
> id=108623324498232 ) ). However before I do so I have to read a bit
> more about the ideas of the OTP lib.

I was actually looking for a downloadable package somewhere, so thanks for the
link :) Going to have a look at what they've done so far..

> Do you plan to open source the code? I would really like to see what
>  you are doing and to hear about your experiences with Erlang.

Will definitely do that, if/as soon as I get as far as a semi-usable
prototype. In that case, it's probably going up on SourceForge.

> So, good luck from me, too!

Thanks!

Johan