Erlang hints for an OO junkie

Vlad Dumitrescu vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED
Tue Aug 10 09:15:16 CEST 2004

From: "Johan Warlander" <johan@REDACTED>
> ..but they might also have some data that is unique to each object, and some
> ways of using one that would work different or not at all with the other. I've
> not yet wrapped my mind around how to do proper data and code re-use in
Erlang.

You might also want to check out this Corrado Santoro's Exat, at
http://www.diit.unict.it/users/csanto/exat/index.html. It has a nice
implementation of something that might become "objective erlang".

I believe you will learn a lot more from trying to do it "the clean Erlang way".
For me it was a wonderful revelation when I finally managed to snap out of the
OO mindset. Not that it's wrong, but it's not an universal solution either.

regards,
Vlad