guidance

Fredrik Linder fredrik.linder@REDACTED
Wed Apr 28 12:16:54 CEST 2004

Imo it is not at all surpricing that you get this feeling, especially since processes in fact are objects in one sense. Objects that has a thread of execution within them, so sending messages between two processes could be viewed as one object using the other.

A difference though is that OO in itself do not cover execution, as the erlang model does (with its processes). In many OO languages/systems one needs to handle semafors and critical sections, wheras in erlang one only needs to concern about processes.

And now I want to take the opportunety to thank those who created the concurrency part of erlang: I just *love* the concurrency solution -- the best I've seen so far!

/Fredrik