guidance

Dustin Sallings dustin@REDACTED
Wed Apr 28 06:18:39 CEST 2004

On Apr 27, 2004, at 2:26, Matthias Lang wrote:

> You can't use 'register' to register PIDs which are on another node.
>
> (This is kinda an RTFM, though the FM is not very clear about telling
> you that erlang:register is for local processes only. Also, while the
> manual says that register will give you a 'badarg' if Pid is remote,
> R8B doesn't actually do that. That is a bug.)
>
> Take a look at the 'global' module.

	Thanks, this does solve my mystery with register, but I was thinking
it wasn't working at all through the cluster.  I must have been doing
something else stupid.  :)

	Is it normal, though, for erlang to feel like OO?

--
SPY                      My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <dustin@REDACTED>