Beginner: Unexplained network behavior

Mikael Karlsson mikael.karlsson@REDACTED
Tue Apr 27 06:48:20 CEST 2004

Mon 26 april 2004 23:10, Sean Hinde wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 23 Apr 2004, at 16:23, Aaron Hunter wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > A long time Java developer I recently discovered Erlang and am very
> > impressed. With a few improvements Erlang could very well be a J2EE
> > killer.
>
> Been there, done that (actually I need to be careful as our J2EE
> replacing system is not live yet...)

Please explore. Are you replacing your Erlang system with a
J2EE system (!) or replacing a J2EE system with an Erlang system?
I have been involved in a J2EE project and would *really* like to see an
Erlang alternative, but if this is not "advisable" I would very much like to
know why, and also any reasons for going in the opposite direction.

I mean, just a thing like to be able to do parallel multi_calls in a beautiful
way :)
http://www.erlang.org/ml-archive/erlang-questions/200404/msg00170.html
could be a killer argument in a web services environment.

Regards
Mikael