spawn without linking?

Sean Hinde sean.hinde@REDACTED
Fri Apr 23 13:52:56 CEST 2004

On 23 Apr 2004, at 03:52, Dustin Sallings wrote:

> On Apr 22, 2004, at 15:32, Sean Hinde wrote:
>
>> How about this which I had fun writing today. It is almost Erlangish,
>> and it is something like OTP, and it is exactly Joe's selective
>> receive example. I can't decide whether it is ugly or profoundly
>> beautiful.
>
> 	Is there an introduction to OTP somewhere that can get an application
> built and running quickly?  The man pages seem to make a good
> reference, but don't really do a lot to get me started.

I learnt what I know from the man pages and the "Design Principles"
section of the HTML documentation.

After a few reads through it should start to make some sort of sense -
keep at it.

The emacs erlang mode templates are a nice way to arrive at a skeleton
working set of application, supervisor, gen_server.

Sean