Yet another use for Erlang

Shawn Pearce spearce@REDACTED
Sat Apr 10 07:08:03 CEST 2004

- as a desktop calculator!

Anyone else just leave an Erlang shell open and use it for quick
figuring?  I used to have a little Perl script I'd hacked up for
this purpose, but I just realized tonight that for the past 3 weeks I've
been running a non-networked Erlang node just as a desktop calculator.
It has a dedicated xterm on my desktop.  Wastes a good amount of
desktop space too I might add...

Not exactly a strange use for Erlang, but I never thought about running
a highly concurrent virtual machine like beam for this long and use
it as nothing more than a desktop calculator.  :)

--
Shawn.