UDP over v6: payload truncated at 1024 bytes

Luke Gorrie luke@REDACTED
Mon Apr 5 14:35:04 CEST 2004

Fredrik Thulin <ft@REDACTED> writes:

> I've started using IPv6 in my Erlang application and have encountered a
> problem. I open a listening socket like this :

[...]

> Packet is truncated at 1024 bytes. If I don't use inet6, and send the same
> sized packet over ordinary IPv4 UDP then it does not get truncated.

I don't know anything about the actual problem, but I think the next
step is to run 'strace' on the beam process to see the system call it
makes to receive the packet and what that returns.

-Luke