Anybody done this

Vlad Dumitrescu vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED
Fri Apr 2 20:37:33 CEST 2004

From: "Joe Armstrong" <joe@REDACTED>
> > > 2) Stopping and starting Erlang.
>   To  answer my  own question  - since  what I  really want  to  do is
> suspend Elang and  resume it on another machine I could  do this is a
> number of ways.
>   1) Hack Erlang to do this (difficult)
>   2) Hack the environment in which Erlang runs.
>      Really I'd like a virtual OS which could be suspended and resumed -
> Oh and I'd like to "virtualise" all resources (hence my question on ext2).
>     Somethink like VMWare cannot be arbitrarly suspended - so what else
> could we try?

Hi,

VMware virtual machines can be suspended IIRC. But then the panomnicom could
only be run on machines with it installed on, which probably only makes that
company happy.

Besides, there is also the already mentioned problem of the resources that
can't be saved, network resources being probably the most proeminent - not
only the connections break suddenly, but the new environment may be
completely different (IP adress, firewalling policies, etc)

I'm sure you already thought about this, but they may be worth mentioning
anyway.
Regards,
Vlad