Load Balancing

Vlad Dumitrescu vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED
Mon Sep 29 09:54:50 CEST 2003

> Inswitch Solutions - Erlang Evaluation wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone know if there is an implementation of load-balancing between
> > processes in Erlang?

Just one quick thought. Load balancing between processes on the same node is
not really very useful (please someone correct me if I am wrong) - the
assumption being that the work being done isn't mostly sitting idle. This is
because CPU is still shared and if all processes want 90% of it.... What is
more useful is load balancing between nodes.

regards,
Vlad