Enhanced type guard syntax]

Vlad Dumitrescu vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED
Fri Sep 19 12:34:47 CEST 2003

Just a short comment (for now :)

From: "Peter-Henry Mander"
> I think that if the prototype demonstrates the need for stricter types,
> an experienced programmer/designer will introduce them as required, and
> avoid the pain later, unless of course the design decision was wrong.

What if the compiler will be able to optimize a lot more if supplied with type
information? This has nothing to do with design, but depends on the specific
compiler implementation.

I feel there are several issues at stake and that I can't separate them
properly, so I'll take my time to think over properly.

/Vlad