Erlang on XBOX

Tony Rogvall tony@REDACTED
Mon Sep 8 23:15:01 CEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-08 at 16:46, Marc Ernst Eddy van Woerkom wrote:
> >  root@REDACTED:~# uname -a
> >  Linux xbox.localdomain.local 2.4.21-xbox #1 Mon Jul 14 11:12:49 UTC 2003
> >  root@REDACTED:~# erl
> >  Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.3 [source] [hipe] [threads:0]
>
> Cool.
>
> What do I need - an XBox, some game with weakness, a network card?
> And does this still beat cheap new PCs?

You need: (see http://xbox-linux.sourceforge.net/)
1. X-Box
2. MechAssault - The game (only once!)
3. USB memory - either camera and some USB cable patch or
   use the "Action Replay" memory card, the linux installer can
   now be found at "Action Replay" site :-)
4. CD-RW with a linux distro.

I think it beats the PC with a small margin, but you can use
your X-Box as DVD player/CD music player/Linux computer and of course
play X-Box games ;-)

I intend to buy 9 more and use them in a linux cluster, for testing
purposes. But think about what you can do with a linux cluster with high
speed graphics card in them...

Have fun.

--
Tony Rogvall <tony@REDACTED>