Old Erlang version

Rick Pettit rpettit@REDACTED
Mon Sep 8 16:00:08 CEST 2003

On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 10:12:05AM +0200, Joe Armstrong wrote:

> Hello,
>
>   Does anybody have an old Erlang version lying around?
>
>   I'd like  an *old*  version of Erlang  - preferably the  last version
> where the JAM compiler worked correctly and could bootstrap itself.
>
>   I'm not sure of the version number.
>
>   (I  tried the  earliest version  in the  otp  download/old directory
> erlang_base-47.4.1.src.tar.gz  but  this  seems  buggy -  for  example
> making  a parser  from  erl_parse.yrl  makes a  parser  which will  do
> compile correctly)
>
>   So I  guess I either  want an earlier  version - Or a  later version
> that compiles correctly.

Well, OpenBSD to this day still ships with erlang_base-47.4.0 in the ports
collection. It has been quite a while since I built the port (just grab the
source, patch, and build that for current goodies), but last time I tried
it compiled and seemed to work just fine. You can probably find it as a
built package on some OpenBSD CD (I can check mine when I get home tonight).

Of course the source itself comes straight from the erlang site (unless it
has been removed).

Hope that helps.

-Rick