Packages in Erlang: new documentation

Bengt Kleberg Bengt.Kleberg@REDACTED
Mon Sep 8 09:19:26 CEST 2003

Richard Carlsson wrote:

...deleted

> stuffed with hundreds of files with very long names.

it is (arguably, but imho :-) better to have _one_ /bin directory with
all files, than several /bin, /sbin, /usr/bin, /usr/sbin, ... (the
company default $path have > 20 entries, to which i add 2).
i think the same goes for the erlang load path.

 > I agree that search
> paths are evil. The Erlang/OTP default search path contains about 45
> entries! And yet all of these are subdirectories of the "lib" directory.
> With packages, it could be just a single entry in the path.

this is the 'good thing'' about packages. one entry in the load path,
and then the name tells me where to look.

bengt